Sync Google Calendar and Contacts with Microsoft.com / Live (Not MS Office Outlook)

DanishAsif 10:45 15 Sep 2014

Hi,

I just installed windows 8.1, I really want to use to apps for calendar and people but all my data is in Google.

I keep my Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 (Windows based offline application) updated via Gsyncit and the calendar in it is just fine. I can also sync my Google contacts to Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 (Windows based offline application) if I wish.

Now Google Calendar and Contacts and Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 (Windows based offline application) are synced. But I want to sync this with my outlook.com account which is cloud based like Google.

I have tried everything. I also added my outlook.com account in Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 (Windows based offline application) but it created another calendar.

Is there any way to do this. I would be ok Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 (Windows based offline application) syncs with the Windows 8.1 People and Calendar App.

I am not on Office 365. I do not have Microsoft Exchange and I do not have a paid Google Apps for business account.

If anyone can help please. Thanks, DAN

Woolwell 13:53 15 Sep 2014

I'm sorry to take a while to reply to this.

The W8 apps contain the contacts and calendar(s) at Outlook.com. With calendar you can subscribe to a different calendar eg Google (in my case I have iCloud). Then with the calendar app open and using its settings you can choose which calendars to view or hide. In your case I would just use Google calendar. The snag is that is doesn't sync between the calendars however you can drag and drop items between them. Hence my suggestion just to view Google calendar. See Option 2 in the answer here Answers Microsoft

Contacts are more difficult and I haven't found a satisfactory way to sync contacts.

1]: [click here

Woolwell 13:55 15 Sep 2014

Forgot to add use the web version of Outlook.com to subscribe to the calendars.

Woolwell 13:57 15 Sep 2014

Hm I'm wrong about Google contacts - Open Outlook.com go to people and you will see an icon to connect your Google account and sync. Don't know how well it works though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires