£ and € symbols on US Keyboard

  anchor 08:13 17 Nov 2004

A friend in the USA has asked me what are the keyboard codes for these on a US keyboard?.

  €dstowe 08:31 17 Nov 2004

Codes for all printable characters in a computer can be found in Character Map.

In XP:

Start-> All programs -> Accesories -> System tools -> Character map.

Similar in other Windows O/S.


  anchor 08:52 17 Nov 2004

Thanks €d.

For the benefit of others who may be interested, I have sent my friend this message how to do it:

hold down ALT then type 0128. You then get €

hold down ALT then type 0163. You then get £

  Salinger 09:44 17 Nov 2004

Just for info, only works with the number pad!

  anchor 10:02 17 Nov 2004

Yes, good point. I did tell my friend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017