"Sygate for NT, wg3n"???

peterleemaxwell 13:50 15 Feb 2003

Hi,
I was wondering if there was anyone with knowledge of a problem I have seen on my P.C.
and what it does, and how to fix it.
I went to 'Control Panel', 'System', 'Hardware', and then 'The Device Manager'. On 'View' I selected 'Show Hidden Devices'. On looking down the list there was a yellow exclamation mark against "SyGate fot NT, wg3n". Could anybody explain to me what this is, and is it vital?
Thanks.

spikeychris 16:03 15 Feb 2003

Your title "SyGate for NT, wg3n". is, as you know the correct error as you have written "SyGate "fot" NT, wg3n" in your message. I take it your either using Win2K or WinXP.

Are you using Sygate for a firewall? are you using ICS?

The WG3N.sys is a Sygate driver.

Chris

peterleemaxwell 16:38 15 Feb 2003

Thanks Chris for the answer. I use zone alarm
as a firewall. My typing I could use some help with! Is this enrty O.K. to 'dis-able'? I'm using Win. XP O.S.
Thanks

spikeychris 18:24 15 Feb 2003

Apologies for delay, have you got a network setup? do you share files? if not to either, then it is safe to disable this entry. Just out of interest have you dabbled in networking or downloaded the drivers to do so?

Chris

peterleemaxwell 18:53 15 Feb 2003

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your help. I'm not on a network or never have been. I have seen the "Sygate" for the first time when I was trying to re-load my printer driver from the 'Device Manager'. That was the fist time I had used 'show hidden devices'. Once again thanks Chris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?