Sygate Firewall - Updated Version & Windows update

georgemac 17:42 01 Aug 2004

since I have installed the latest build of sygate personal firewall on 2 pc's, both would hang (windows update - not the pc) while windows update site was scanning for updates.

Turned off the firewall on both pc's and windows update worked again normally.

A bug in the latest version of sygate? Or is it only me who is having this problem?

€dstowe 17:46 01 Aug 2004

Just checked on my home system with the new Sygate and it scanned OK.

€d

Graham ® 18:27 01 Aug 2004

OK here.

GaT7 18:49 01 Aug 2004

What you've described happens sometimes with Win update & firewall sw. And it's not only Sygate that causes this problem. In the future, wait a while as Win update usually sorts itself out in a few minutes (from my experience), or disable Sygate whenever scanning for Win updates. G

iambeavis 18:54 01 Aug 2004

I had a problem in that it couldn't be configured to allow Ad-aware access to the update site. It was fine with Spybot and all the others - guess it took a spite to Ad-aware for some reason. Reinstalled the previous version - everybody happy again.

Big B 19:29 01 Aug 2004

Hi I had the same problem with windows update site got round it by knocking enable stealth browsing off until I finished with the updates then I turned stealth back on . No problems at all now,best firewall I have tried
Cheers
Brian

georgemac 21:03 01 Aug 2004

thanks all, glad to find out it was not only me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?