Sygate firewall question

Eargasm 22:53 01 Nov 2004

Hi all

Just logged on to internet and sygate firewall popped up with the message "nt kernel system has changed since the last time you used it,this could happen if you have updated it recently,do you want to allow it to access the network" as i wasen't sure i chose no.

Can anybody explain what the message means

Thanks Phil

Diodorus Siculus 22:59 01 Nov 2004

Have you made any changes to the OS such as windows update?

Eargasm 23:05 01 Nov 2004

Thanks for reply,no i haven't made any changes i had been online earlier tonight to check e-mails then when logging on later the message appeared.

After choosing no, pc connected ok and seems to working fine (famous last words)

Eargasm 23:09 01 Nov 2004

Actually i tell a lie,when logging on earlier i updated my avg antivirus could this of caused the message? And if so should i have clicked "yes"

vinnyo123 04:11 02 Nov 2004

Most Likely it was AVG. Do you have it set to get automatic updates. If yes then it is Definetly AVG.

dagwoood 22:58 02 Nov 2004

Here's a link about how to configure Sygate and nt kernel system is an item that shouldn't be allowed access to the internet click here

HTH, dagwoood.

P.S.Thanks for the link should go to Nellie2.

Eargasm 23:44 02 Nov 2004

Thanks dagwoood,and of course Nellie2,that link is a big help

canard 14:53 03 Nov 2004

Doesn't warn me of reg changes when AVG has autoupdated. Last time this happened to me I clicked NO and checked with spybot which found MainPean- an antiquated dialler.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?