Sygate Experances?

The Spires 12:43 08 Sep 2005

I use program called BoClean (Anti-Trojan) which it seems will never get on with Zone Alarm which I have used for some time. I am thinking of moving over to Sygate which i used some years ago now and is now on version 5.5. What are user’s experiences with Sygate 5.5? Is it worth getting the paid version?
I run NOD32 in the background & Boclean. AMD 64 CPU, XP Pro, Networked.

octal 12:59 08 Sep 2005

As much as I liked Sygate when I used Windows be aware that Symantec have taken over Sygate and Symantec have their own 'paid for' products, so there might not be much future in Sygate's free firewall.

click here

Just thought I'd mention it.

johnnyrocker 13:03 08 Sep 2005

using sygate for quite some time now and very happy with it.

johnny.

€dstowe 13:23 08 Sep 2005

I, too, have used Sygate for a long time but, I am looking at alternatives now that Symantec have taken over Sygate.

If Symantec keep to their usual habits they will extract the best bits out of Sygate into their own inferior products and dump the original. The alternative to using the previously excellent Sygate will be a paid-for rubbish product with either the Symantec name or possibly retain the Sygate name but with a large price tag on it. Either way, its time is now limited in my machines.

The Spires 16:49 08 Sep 2005

Ok, points taken, I will give the free version a try & I am going to have a look at Outpost too. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?