Sygate 5.5 Firewall

prima12 20:19 15 Nov 2003

Hi all, Just a little something I have just found out. I was running Sygate 5.0 firewall and had no problem running scandisk, I then upgraded to the new 5.5, but when I tried to run my scandisk it wouldn't do so until I shut down the Sygate. I thought I would let everybody know just in case they are having a similar problem. P.

gold 47 20:30 15 Nov 2003

You should scandisk in safe mode.

gold 47 20:35 15 Nov 2003

Just given scandisk ago not in safe mode no problem running XP and Sygate 5.5 firewall.

prima12 21:46 15 Nov 2003

You are more than likely right about scandisk in safe mode but it does take a hell of a long time.Perhaps Sygate works differently in XP than it does in the OS of 98se that I am using.

gold 47 10:29 16 Nov 2003

Sorry prima you did not say at first what OS you were running indeed it does take a while in W98 to defrag but it does seem you HD needs cleaning up,have you deleted old temp files ect to speed up your drive perhaps dare i say a full format and
OS reinstall might help here.
On Sygate they have just debited me £64.92 for one
download some firewall now chasing the £32.96 they owe me.

Ivor_Monkey 21:48 24 Nov 2003

full format seems very drastic. It seems that the problem is caused by something on the 5.5 version. A little tweak might do it (hold fire-something might turn up, besdies you have a work round for the time being) . I wouldn't presss the nuke button just yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?