Sycnhronising iPod with 2 computers

TimCDC 21:39 25 Jul 2008

Ok, here's the problem. Up until now, I've only synchronised with one computer, which has all my music and podcasts. But its a work machine, and I need to clear some space and speed on that by deleting the music files. So I plan to keep the music on a home machine (running Vista) and just use the XP work machine for downloading and updating daily podcasts.

If I keep both machines synchronising automatically, presumably the music-only machine will then delete the iPod's podcasts every time it connects, and the podcast only machine will delete the music?

So I figure I need to set both to manually sync only. Trouble is, I've come across two difficulties.

When I set this up on the music only machine, and then downloaded and copied an iTunes purchased track, it somehow messed up the iPod so that the podcast only machine didn't recognise it. So I had to completely restore all settings on the iPod, which wiped all the music.

Also, I can't work out how to copy the podcasts from the podcast only machine onto the iPod when it is connected.

I figure this is probably a pretty easy challenge to solve and that I can't be the first person to try something like this. Can anyone help me?

TimCDC 21:44 25 Jul 2008

Should have added that it is running iTunes 7.7 and software version 1.1.2 (i.e. the most up-to-date versions of the software that I can find)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?