Switching Broadband AOL to SKY

Dave Phi 16:07 16 Jan 2008

I have 2 questions regarding this and wondered if anyone can help?

1) Can I use the wireless router I got with AOL instead of the one SKY will provide me with?

2) What is the best way to remove all AOL components from my laptop as I have heard this can be a difficult process.

Thanks

SANTOS7 16:14 16 Jan 2008

1) = NO

2) = hammer and chisel

You could start with a scan of all files and folders
and manually delete all you find..
click here

put keywords into trial version of prog in link, that should rid you of registry entries...

feb 16:27 16 Jan 2008

AOL is not as difficult as it used to be go to Add/Remove programs, start with AOL uninstaller, then anything else that is left after a reboot and don't forget the Viewpoint media player!

Dave Phi 17:14 16 Jan 2008

Do you mean use the AOL uninstaller or will I find various AOL programs in Add/Remove programs?

feb 17:39 16 Jan 2008

In Add/Remove programs you will find "AOL uninstaller (choose which products to remove)"

Uninstall everything from there, you may have AOl 8, 7 or earlier versions depending on the age of your PC, then after a reboot uninstall any other programs to do with AOL that have not been removed, ie, AOL you've got pictures, viewpoint media player.

You could then use CCleaner, or something similar to delete the obsolete entries that are left.

Dave Phi 21:03 16 Jan 2008

Thanks for your help will start uninstalling.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?