Switch off failure

Kernel 19:49 03 Sep 2004

At 10.47am on 2/09/04 I posted an enquiry regarding my computer going through the switch off procedure to a black screen but not actually switching off. At about 1500 the same day I saw there was a response and clicked on the title only to be presented with responses to an enquiry regarding TV cards and somehow it seems my query became a response to that, the net result is I cannot access my responses (there are 3 of them) I shall be grateful if those that responded would respond to this. The only clue I have is that the Close Program window always shows Rundl32 when I check it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:02 03 Sep 2004

type

sfc /scannow

in the run box XP will scan an replace missing / corrupt files (CD in Dive) this may solve your problem.

iambeavis 20:04 03 Sep 2004

might this help -click here
and - click here

Eamonncw 20:11 03 Sep 2004

Fruit bat is normally right but I`d like to
suggest another. Have you downloaded anything
new in the last couple of days. I had a very similar problem and I disabled the programme I`d downloaded and Hey Presto!! AOK. By the way Kernel
as I was reading your "evidence" I thought you were in the Police

Eamonncw 20:11 03 Sep 2004

new in the last couple of days. I had a very similar problem and I disabled the programme I`d downloaded and Hey Presto!! AOK. By the way Kernel

Eamonncw 20:12 03 Sep 2004

Eamonncw 20:15 03 Sep 2004

Kernel, Im sorry about the waste of space.
I`ll change my name.

stalion 20:47 03 Sep 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?