Switch B/B supplier but no BT landline active

Sparkly 19:04 03 Nov 2008

Hi all just trying to get some advice for my son, he was with BT broadband/home phone and for some time he had been arguing with them about the phone line cutting off and loseing his B/B connection. To cut a long story short BT were dragging thier heels repairing the line so he told them he would be going elsewhere, they told him he was still in a contract with them and he would be charged for ending early if he left,so they said they would sort out the problem with the line and allso send him out a wireless router for his trouble of which niether was done so he just cancelled with them, they sent a bill for i think £200-250 for cancellation he wrote to BT in no uncertain terms about the service he recieved, they have apoligised and cancelled the charge. But know that he wants to try and sign up for a B/B and phone line he is stuck because they all want you to have a BT landline connected and he has no cable in his area, Can anyone advice what his best options are???

chub_tor 19:24 03 Nov 2008

Sounds like someone has some major sucking up to do to get his landline re-installed.

Sparkly 19:30 03 Nov 2008

Hi chub_tor yes allready told him that and not to have his short fuse head on when talking to someone.

woodchip 19:39 03 Nov 2008

TalkTalk if he can get it, I changed to it. best move I ever made saves a bundle. only problem can be if you have problems as you get connected to India call center free but frustrating

Migwell 19:54 03 Nov 2008

There are english help centers, but you need to push hard for to speak with them. I have not had any problems with the indian help centers. In fact Lynksys uses an Indian help desk, and they are tops in my view so would it be so bad?
Like woodchip I also save a bundle.

Sparkly 19:59 03 Nov 2008

Hi woodchip and Migwell just took a look at the websit they allso need a BT line activated chub_tor says it all i think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?