Swimming in spam and Norton saved "deleted threats

danpep5552 23:26 08 Oct 2004

Your advices please. I have two problems (sorry issues) that emanate from Spam. I currently receive in the order of 200 Spam emails a day. At least since Service Pack 2 I am not greeted first thing,(as much understatement as I can muster here) with graphic pictures. I have Mail Washer pro installed but by the time I sift through and check there is nothing important from an address that should be on the friends list, I may as well just delete the offending mail from my in box. Overall during the day this takes a few minutes. I tried bouncing through Mailwasher but this takes an age as it is working in conjunction with Zone alarm pro, which I am going to let go by the wayside as I assume Service pack 2 will take over my security (isn't it). If I have business email’s coming in from previously “unknown sources” as far as the software is concerned, (e.g. new person at an existing business contact) am I just going to have to put up with all of this? I have Norton AV and SW, and currently there are about 60 viruses or infected files taken out of these emails and “quarantined”. There are even more “backed up” (er.. 661 to be precise) in Norton and I recognise some of these e.g. W32mydoom (so called “back ups of infected files). Trouble is when I attempt to delete them a warning is made asking if I am sure the file is repaired or do I really want to permanently delete. Do I?

Cook2 01:13 09 Oct 2004

Try this click here

Occasionally check the Junk and Quarantine folders in case it blocks something you may want.

I'm down to 3 or 4 spam per day instead of 40 - 50 - 60. BLISS.

david.h 17:25 09 Oct 2004

if I had that much spam I would ask my ISP for a new email address

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?