Swift software cheep as chips

woodyturner 16:14 26 Oct 2006

I have just purchased a set of internet protection software by Swift. It seems to have everything that normally costs £ £40 or £50 it was from a big retailer at 1tenth the price. I have not yet installed it, has any one used it if so what do you think.
I has a gold computer shoper best buy award for 2004 on the box

Totally-braindead 16:17 26 Oct 2006

Never heard of the software so I wouldn't use it myself. Sorry.

bjh 16:35 26 Oct 2006

I don't know the software, but the date is a problem. What was a threat in 2004 isn't a threat now, and what is a threat in 2006 wasn't even a twinkle in the eye in those days...

Defensive trenches of World War I versus Apache ground attack helecopter, maybe?

Technotiger 16:42 26 Oct 2006

Is this the firm? They seem to cover just about everything. But I am not familiar with their products. So can't comment.

click here

Cheers.

bjh 16:59 26 Oct 2006

There are a LOT of small players in the antivirus field, and some of them are quite good. Most are rubbish, unfortunately. With an av product, you may find out which camp it falls into by personal experience - the hard way!

I'd opt for a known quantity. I pay for mine (Kaspersky, PC Cillin and F-Secure here), but the free AVG, Avast, and others is pretty reputable.

Batch 17:17 26 Oct 2006

I'd guess this is it click here

Not higly rated and sounds like a mish-mash of several products in one box.

As others say, the free versions of several tools will do the job. E.g.:-

AVG Free Anti-virus

Zone Alarm Fire Wall

AdAware Personal Personal SE

Spybot Search and Destroy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?