Please forgive my super-noob question. I want to change the 120GB hard disk in my wife's laptop for a 500GB one and I simply want to copy the contents and set up of her current disk over so she has all the same stuff but a lot more storage space. What I think I can do is:
1) install free hard disk imaging software (I am thinking of Macrium Reflect - any ideas?) on my wife's laptop
2) copy an image of her disk onto my portable hard drive
3) remove 120Gb disk from laptop and install new 500Gb one
4) boot laptop from rescue CD as relevant to whatever imaging software I use
5) follow sequence to copy image from portable hard drive onto the new laptop disk
It all seems straightforward to me but maybe I'm missing something. Any hints/tips/advice on software, etc. would be most appreciated.