swap floppy??

devlin 11:56 16 Apr 2007

Referring to my previous post I was looking through the archives and someone had a similar prob but not exactly they were asked to check that the A drive was enabled mine is but swap floppy is disabled coul any one explain swap floppy for mean and does it have any bearing to my initial prob
Dev

johndrew 15:17 16 Apr 2007

As I understand it the `swop floppy` allows you to change the identities from A > B and B > A if you have two floppy drives fitted. You can do this by changing the connectors but delving inside the PC every time you want to change can be a pain. The default for swop floppy is `disabled` and only need enabling if you have two drives and want to swap them.

I am not familiar with your original problem, but presumably you could not boot from it?? If this is the case you should either set it as the first boot device in the BIOS or select it as the boot device during startup by using F8 to get to boot devices and then select it.

devlin 15:35 16 Apr 2007

Hi
I had trouble getting the A drive to be read but appears that since going over to a new OS the A drive apears to have no data although from win98 OS all is fine I think that maybe had I overinstalled xp onto win98 things might have worked but as is no go
Thanks for your interest Dev

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?