svideo no colour

b-atch 16:39 02 Sep 2003

i connected my laptop to tv. i have a s video connector and i connected to a scart wich in turns connect to the tv but i have no colour and the qualitiy is poor, i have to press the av button on the tv remote to see a picture, but when i connect the xbox to the scart of the tvand switch it on it automatically switches aux, and it has colour. is it because i press the av button on the tv remote, because there is no aux botton.

hugh-265156 17:41 02 Sep 2003

a computer graphics card will not auto change to the av channel on your tv like dvd players and sky digiboxes would etc because its connected via an adapter lead that just converts the signal from s-video to composite and in turn the scart adapter you are using just carries that composite signal which is not capable of telling the tv to change to the av channel as a proper scart would.you just have to change it yourself.

as for the black and white picture.if the disc you are playing is a jap or us ntsc disc then it will be black and white if your tv does not support ntsc playback.most tvs do support ntsc but only if its connected to the av 1 scart on the tv set(if you have more than 1 on your tv then av1 will be the ntsc compatable socket)check control panel/display settings/advanced for a tv out set up menu and set it up for pal uk.

siouxah1 20:26 02 Sep 2003

b-atch

I think you will find that your TV connection needs to support SVideo. Even if it is connected by scart.

On some TVs you will find that one of the scart sockets will be switchable between normal and svideo. Otherwise you are stuck with B&W pictures.

Regards Brian j

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?