SVHOST.EXE Problem

Jadhier 20:47 20 Jul 2006

I need help. When I start-up my PC from cold (Off) and select my profile, it then goes slow anter about 20 sevconds. I check the Task Master and it shows SVCHOST.EXE on the user name NETWORK SERVICES showing 100% memory usage. I can end the program and then everything else carries on. If I leave it for about 4 minutes it will eventually sort itself out. When I end tast the SVCHOST.EXE it shows later that theres one running with no problems. Please can someone advise me of what to do. I have run adware & viruses programs but its still there...

smudge101 21:38 20 Jul 2006

what anti virus program are you running?

Jadhier 18:57 23 Jul 2006

Ive used; Zona Alarm Pro, AVG, NTSs Netguard & Now McAfee. Noe have identified it as a virus & i'm getting rather sick of having tu shut down SVCHOST.EXE each time.

Diversion 21:47 23 Jul 2006
  woodchip 22:03 23 Jul 2006

Have you checked Event Viewer after starting comp?

beynac 22:30 23 Jul 2006

I suggest that you download HijackThis from click here Run this progarm. This will create a folder, 'C:\HijackThis', extract the program into that folder and then open the folder for you. It will also create a shortcut on your desktop.

Open HijackThis and click on 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'. Copy the log and post it on the Malware Removal forum click here

Do NOT tick anything or click on 'Fix'.

beynac 22:32 23 Jul 2006

'progarm' should be 'program'.

skidzy 22:43 23 Jul 2006

click here Not sure if it will help,but you could try a2 click here or ewido click here or troganhunter click here Trogan hunter is a trial basis where as the rest are free.Spybot click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?