svchost.exe

woofwoofbark 16:41 14 May 2006

Hi , I have this process that runs at startup , I checked through taskbar manager because my cpu was running at nearly 100% as everything loaded , i checked the net for it and found

Description:
svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System

I see that it is an important component and shouldnt be deleted but why have I got 4 svchost.exe running ? on taskbar manager under username the process is running twice under SYSTEM , once under NETWORK SERVICE and LOCAL SERVICE ....

should there be 4 svchost.exe running at once ? I have noticed >>> click here that the filename could be a virus but I have Norton AV 2006 , adaware/spybot which shows up nothing.

so are these files ok or something to worry about .... btw I have checked them on taskbar manager just now and they aint using the cpu but 3 is taking up around 4,000 k in memory while the other is at around 24,000 k

hope ive explained this ok and someone can help/give advice

many thanks

geo g

Skills 16:51 14 May 2006

At present I have five instances of svchost.exe running none are using the CPU but they range from taking up 20Mb of memory but 3Mb. My system is reported clean by avast , ewido and other antispyware apps.

johnnyrocker 16:52 14 May 2006

based on my machine xp pro sp2 i would say yours is ok as mine shows six running.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?