sv host

bumpton 19:44 05 Feb 2007

in my process list there are a number of process called sv host.exe some are system proceesses some are local. i have been told that these sre spyware but adaware does not pick them up . Is this true and if so can anyone suggest a solution

woodchip 19:46 05 Feb 2007

No, Host stops them

woodchip 19:47 05 Feb 2007

No, Host stops them click here

big bloke66 19:58 05 Feb 2007

Do you mean svhost.exe or svchost.exe?
Because svhost.exe is a nasty i think.

big bloke66 20:26 05 Feb 2007

I have 7 svchost.exe some local service some network and some system all quite normal as Woodchips link describes.
Hth bb66.

SANTOS7 20:39 05 Feb 2007

svhost is a virus worm
Description:
svhost.exe is a process which is registered as the [email protected] worm. This virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and comes in the form of an e-mail message, in the hopes that you open its hostile attachment. The worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gathers E-mails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

The above is a description of the process you have posted if it IS THIS you must remove it..

It is quite easy to remove system processes if you do not look carefully enough, you MUST make sure that you get the right one or you could do more harm than good..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?