Surround Sound System

SAH 19:59 24 Nov 2009

I recently bought the same Surround Sound System as my friend because I was so impressed with the sound quality, but when I set my system up I was disappointed as it did not sound as good. I can't work out why, as I have positioned my system exactly the same way as hers, she has her TV in the corner, on one side of the fireplace and the sub woofer on the other side of the fireplace, the only thing that is different is that her room is slightly smaller than mine, could this be the reason why there is such a difference in the sound quality?

hssutton 20:17 24 Nov 2009

The positioning of the sub woofer is not to important. Could it be the quality of the sound output from the TV? Also the quality of the cables can make a major difference, as can the type of furnishing within the room

julius44 20:20 24 Nov 2009

There could be a few factors, but first can u send me the link with the actual surround sound system please?? Also how big is your friends room compared to yours?? I have system a surround sound a sony dav-dz260 it comes which comes with 5 surround speakers and a sub-woover and its SUPERB!!! my living room is huge, and the sound from this is superb, and i have 4 speakers around the living room.

SAH 20:46 24 Nov 2009

Thanks for that hssutton, I have connected the amp to my sky box with an optical lead, so the sound is actually coming directly from the sky box, didn't know the furniture could affect things though.

Hello julius44 it's an LG sound system this is the link:

click here

As far as room size is concerned all I can say is that her room is rectangular and mine is square and so slightly wider...

hssutton 22:46 24 Nov 2009

Have a read here as it may help.

click here

SAH 01:06 25 Nov 2009

Thanks hssutton that's a really useful article, I think it may help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?