Surprise lottery win

the old man 18:23 25 Jan 2007

Evening everyone,
Just found out I won £1500 on lottery last night. This now means that I have a very unexpected windfall for a new computer, well at least a base unit. I have a 19" monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse, 160gig and 80gig HDD's, dvdrw, dvd player and so won't need any of these new. Where and what can I get for £700 which will use these things I already have. Any recommendations greatfully accepted. Don't want to be building anything myself but I can install dvdrw and hdd etc. if you know what I mean.

Try click here they can build to your needs. You can use your existing monitor, keyboard etc and sell the components you don't need.

Totally-braindead 18:33 25 Jan 2007

Well congratulations. May I say what a handsome and obviously intelligent individual you are. You remind me of a young Robert Redford.

PS hows about a few quid?

pac73 18:35 25 Jan 2007

Ive always said your the best poster on here.

Totally-braindead 18:40 25 Jan 2007

If your PC is pretty good then don't buy anything apart from an external hard drive for backups.
If your PC is rather slow processorwise then perhaps look for a reasonable barebones system like this click here add for a reasonable PCI Express graphics card like this click here and use your existing hard drives etc. The last time I built a barebones from Novatech I had it up and running in about 3 hours.

bluto1 19:16 25 Jan 2007

Congratulations, enjoy yourself.

Spark6 23:30 25 Jan 2007

You've made my day. Just sit back, consider your options, and I'm sure you will make the right decision in the end. Long may your good fortune continue.

ed-0 23:38 25 Jan 2007

Congratulations. Very well deserved.

Hope the new system is a stonker:-)

ed-0 23:48 25 Jan 2007

TB has picked the one I would go for. click here

Double the ram to 2Gb, pop in a PCI-E graphics card, add windows media center OEM and get a free upgrade to vista home premium.

It'll be doing the jobs faster than you can type. lol

test the e6600 against other cpu's in different bechmarks. click here

mymate 08:47 26 Jan 2007

Blimey if i win £10 i am over the moon.Well done.

the old man 13:07 26 Jan 2007

click here
Could I have some views on this system. I could sell off the bits and pieces I have in my system and use my monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?