Surfing content control.

dagbladet 09:50 09 Mar 2007

The time has come to add a touch of content control to the family PC. I've done a couple of searches and checked the download section of PCA. There is obviously plenty of programmes out there, but having never had to use this software before I wondered if you good folk could give me your recommendations based on your experiences. Thanks.

dagbladet 12:52 09 Mar 2007

Anyone?

skidzy 15:07 09 Mar 2007

Few hours gone by and no responses dagbladet so i shall bump you up again.

Ive not had the need to use any of the parental software apps out there (not yet anyway),but this has been recommended before and i have a friend that uses this.He likes it and it does what he needs.

Though im guessing,i reckon the better programs are going to cost you a few pounds.
Here is a start for you click here

p;3 15:13 09 Mar 2007

bokmarking as might be useful for another comp ( and its horrid problems ) I am dealing with

hope someone may come along who can be a bit more 'useful' than I am not!!

Belatucadrus 15:26 09 Mar 2007

click here
click here for a few, I've seen positive comments on Naomi & K9 but can't offer any personnal experience.

provider 2 15:29 09 Mar 2007

Another one, but again no personal experience: click here

dagbladet 23:15 10 Mar 2007

Thanks all.. I'll give the freebies a try. If they're no good i'll put my hand in my pocket. Ta.

AndySD 23:19 10 Mar 2007

Trend include this in their PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 click here

Kate B 23:27 10 Mar 2007

I've heard good things about Net Nanny, but I've never used it myself.

gudgulf 00:33 11 Mar 2007

Try this...I have it on my kids' computer in their bedroom and the main family pc too.

Bluecoat K9 click here

You can set this up for adult use with filtering for Phishing/malware sites or use the default settings/age related settings.And it gives good protection by blocking unwanted sites irrespective of web browser used.It is also not snoop-ware in that it doesn't log keystrokes and capture screen-shots of sites visited or chat-room conversations.You can see sites accessed or blocked sites if you want,and you can override temporarily or permanently any sites you do want to access.

It's free for personal use...but needs registering.

Far better than Crawlers offering (I've tried that too).

If you're after something to keep you family safer on line but don't want to actively spy on their web habits it's well worth a look.

dagbladet 09:41 15 Mar 2007

Sorry all, been away.

Thanks for your responses, giving them a try now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?