Surf canyon

bumpkin 18:36 06 Dec 2011
Answered

A thing called Surf Canyon has appeared on my machine. How do I get rid of this crap and where did it come from?

Ray

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:35 06 Dec 2011

Q: How do I uninstall the browser extension? A: Open Firefox and select "Tools" from the top menu. Select "Add-ons", then select "Extensions", and then click the "uninstall" button next to Surf Canyon. The browser extension will be removed the next time you restart Firefox.

Q: How do I remove Surf Canyon from Firefox's SearchBar? A: Click the down arrow in the upper right-hand corner of your browser just to the right of the SearchBar. Selecting "Change Search Defaults..." will bring up a menu that will let you remove Surf Canyon.

Q: When I try to uninstall the extension on Firefox, why is it still there after I restart Firefox? A:If after closing and then restarting Firefox you see that Surf Canyon is still present in the Add-ons menu, it's possible that Firefox was re-opened before it had an opportunity to completely shut down. Even after the Firefox window disappears, it sometimes takes a while for the background process to complete its shutdown procedure and remove itself from memory. The solution is to select "uninstall" from the Add-on menu and then, rather than "Restart" Firefox, "Exit" Firefox from the "File" menu. Wait a minute before opening Firefox again.

Q: How do I disable the browser extension? A: Select "Tools", "Add-ons" and then click the "Disable" button next to Surf Canyon. To re-enable Surf Canyon, go back and click "Enable".

From http://www.surfcanyon.com/faq.jsp#q4

bumpkin 00:49 07 Dec 2011

Thanks for your reply Fruitbat. I have not had to do anything, shortly after my posting I got a message saying it had been removed which it has. Curious as to where the message came from.

There used to be a solved box or something like that to end a thread but i can`t find it.

Nontek 08:45 07 Dec 2011

To show thread as Resolved, click on the grey arrow on the right, this will then change colour to Green for all to see!

khalnayak123 11:23 27 Feb 2012
Answer

I have found others facing the same issue but then here are some solutions that you can try out, just check it out and see if it is helping.

bumpkin 17:23 28 Feb 2012

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?