surely this cannot be complicated??

okidot 00:51 15 Feb 2007

hello,

I am using a copy windows XP home edition as my OS.
Basically, it needs to be totally wiped.
I have another version of windows xp here on disc, but wanted to delete the old version first.

Im not sure if there is need for installing a new copy of windows, as my problems may be solved in a format.
Would someone be able to give me advice on how to format/or how to replace my old OS with the new version ?[i already tried and it was unsuccessful]

thanks for your time
regards,
okidot

wky 00:56 15 Feb 2007

just insert your new windows disk and reboot pc, follow instructions to format hard drive and install new windows.

ACOLYTE 11:06 15 Feb 2007

This should help click here

you may need to print this off first for reference or just write down the relevant pieces)

ACOLYTE 11:07 15 Feb 2007

P.S

You may need to go in the bios and change the boot order to CD first before you can boot from the XP cd.

HTH

Pamy 12:43 15 Feb 2007

"Im not sure if there is need for installing a new copy of windows, as my problems may be solved in a format." If you do format then you will have to install one version.

Taff™ 13:57 15 Feb 2007

You should use your original CD Key from the sticker on the computer. If you can`t find it run Belarc Advisor click here and it will be found listed under software installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires