Superb Service From Dell!

TheTerminator 15:59 13 May 2003

What can I say?
I had a problem with my CD RW not working on Monday, and rang Dell, had a really helpful man in India helped me run diagnostic tests etc, which took 30 mins. I then said I would like a new one to replace a blatently not working CDRW/DVD drive. He said no problem, I said I would like a different brand than the current one as it appears it is a common complaint with that CD RW, and he said no problem. Today I received the replacement drive, and everything is smashing now... Superb! From fault being noted to being fixed in 2 days...

So although Dell may be bad at delivery, from my experience their after service care is second to none!

Aspman 16:07 13 May 2003

One of the teachers at my work recently bought a new Dell. It was showing a 'No Operating system' type error. He contacted support who sent him a confusing email instructing him how to reset the bios and reinstall the OS. This was written in terrible English and he couldn't understand what to do. He brough the machine in to work and asked me to check it out. I switched it on read the error, popped the case open and the power lead to the HD hadn't been connected. A simple error and no harm done really but the support really should have checked it first. An argument against outsourcing maybe.

TheTerminator 16:10 13 May 2003

is another kettle of fish you are right, but i have had to use dell helpline twice and both times I have been impressed by what they said/did.

cracker²³ 18:46 13 May 2003

I bought a Dell pc online 3 months ago.Twice I have had cause to phone technical support, once for a motherbord fault the second time was problems with the HDD. On both occasions, after a phone call, a technician was sent out to replace the offending items within two or three days.Ordered pc online and received it 9 days later, 5 days earlier than expected. Needless to say I too am very happy with Dell. It's sad tho' that everyone doesn't seem to get the same treatment

TheTerminator 19:05 13 May 2003

they have replaced my old 8*CR RW for a new 24*Speed! I have just burnt my first cd and have just found out...
Ecstatic I am!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017