Superantispyware and W7 64bit

john bunyan 17:55 17 Feb 2010

I have W7 64bit and use PC Tools Firewall, Avira anti virus and Malawarebytes as anti malware.(All Free). I installed SAS free - it seemed to work ok but I keep getting errors in eventviewer to such an extent I have uninstalled it. I do like it and wonder if others with W7 64 bit are finding these evenvwr errors.I heard from a couple of others (not on the forum) of similar problens.

Eargasm 18:36 17 Feb 2010

Hi
I have W7 64bit PC Tools Firewall MSE Antivirus and Malwarebytes i have also installed Superantispyware and i have loads of errors in Event viewer ( i never noticed before) Application popup errors related to SAS and also SASDIFSV errors in service control manager also related to SAS. Anyone have a fix or should i just uninstall SAS?

Eargasm 18:39 17 Feb 2010

On mine under application popup it says.....

C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

john bunyan 19:23 17 Feb 2010

Yes , similar to me. It seemed to work, though and found spyware that Malawarebytes had missed. Will wait for other replies.

Eargasm 20:50 17 Feb 2010

SAS has just downloaded updates and a full scan has worked OK, but the event viewer errors remain.

john bunyan 22:14 17 Feb 2010

Maybe others will comment. Seems to work ok in spite of the eventvwr problems

john bunyan 14:28 18 Feb 2010

Or is it just the two of us?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017