Superantispyware and W7 64bit

john bunyan 17:55 17 Feb 2010

I have W7 64bit and use PC Tools Firewall, Avira anti virus and Malawarebytes as anti malware.(All Free). I installed SAS free - it seemed to work ok but I keep getting errors in eventviewer to such an extent I have uninstalled it. I do like it and wonder if others with W7 64 bit are finding these evenvwr errors.I heard from a couple of others (not on the forum) of similar problens.

Eargasm 18:36 17 Feb 2010

Hi
I have W7 64bit PC Tools Firewall MSE Antivirus and Malwarebytes i have also installed Superantispyware and i have loads of errors in Event viewer ( i never noticed before) Application popup errors related to SAS and also SASDIFSV errors in service control manager also related to SAS. Anyone have a fix or should i just uninstall SAS?

Eargasm 18:39 17 Feb 2010

On mine under application popup it says.....

C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV.SYS has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

john bunyan 19:23 17 Feb 2010

Yes , similar to me. It seemed to work, though and found spyware that Malawarebytes had missed. Will wait for other replies.

Eargasm 20:50 17 Feb 2010

SAS has just downloaded updates and a full scan has worked OK, but the event viewer errors remain.

john bunyan 22:14 17 Feb 2010

Maybe others will comment. Seems to work ok in spite of the eventvwr problems

john bunyan 14:28 18 Feb 2010

Or is it just the two of us?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?