SUPERantispyware v Spy-Bot .

loco248 09:10 20 Apr 2007

Which anti-spyware program do you experts out there consider to be the best?

its not the case of one better than the other,they tend to pick up different things
this link from skidzy will point you in the right direction
click here

Belatucadrus 12:01 20 Apr 2007

click here I find Spyware Terminator is the best of the freebies.

tullie 13:07 20 Apr 2007

Oh joy!Syware Terminator works with Vista

p;3 14:38 20 Apr 2007

I dont think there is any such thing as a 'best' program ; different scanners look for different things

I have both superantispywre AND spybot PLUS other stuff;

SB23 17:08 20 Apr 2007

I'm the same as p;3.
I run Spybot on a weekly basis, and I normally find that nothing is detected. SuperAntispyware is installed and is run about once a fortnight, and always seems to find things that are "not seen" by Spybot.
I keep them both as, I suppose, 2 lines of defense. I do have other stuff installed as p;3 does, but find that between the 2 programs I am free of unwanted software.

Steve

sunny staines 17:52 20 Apr 2007

you need several superantispyware is the best at scanning and cleaning in my opinion.

the immunize part of spybot sd is good for protecting internet explorer, as does spywareblaster [also looks after firefox].

A2 for searching out trojans.

spyware terminator for free schedule scans, updates and live shell [but not so good in scanning dept]

derbyfc 17:54 20 Apr 2007

totally agree with sunny staines

although superantispyware picked up a trojan that A squared didnt

bluto1 20:16 20 Apr 2007

I, too, agree with sunny staines and I found superantispyware to be a bit stringent in clearing out things I wanted but it did`nt.

Totally-braindead 23:02 20 Apr 2007

Have to agree with the others that have said that there is no such thing as the best for spyware.

A magazine article I read some time ago mentioned that all antispyware programs have their, blind spot I suppose you could call it. Therefore they recommended using 2 different programs so that what one would miss hopefully the other would catch.

loco248 10:42 21 Apr 2007

Thanks everybody for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone