Superantispyware free

smeetle 09:55 13 Aug 2011
Answered

Has anybody else encountered this problem,i run avira premium as my main prog and on occassion i use superantispyware as an on demand scan(free edition)..i have been trying to install the latest version and my antivirus keeps stopping the install with this message..the file 'C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE' contained a virus or unwanted program 'TR/Spy.Spatet.BC' [trojan] Action(s) taken: The registration entry was successfully repaired. The file was moved to the quarantine directory under the name '4cf899c0.qua'.

shoul i ignore this and let it run or is it a known issue?

many thanks smeet

rdave13 10:04 13 Aug 2011

I don't use Avira but if you've downloaded SAS from here it looks like a false positive. Can you set Avira to ignore it so you can install SAS.

smeetle 10:09 13 Aug 2011

Tanks for that rdave 13 i suspected as much,i downloaded from the link you sent plus from CNET with same results,will set avira to ignore it on my next install.

john bunyan 13:49 13 Aug 2011

I have Avira (free) and latest SAS (free - much improved) with W7 . Had Install issues, eventually I uninstalled old SAS in safe mode, downloaded new SAS to a folder, then it installed ok in mormal mode even with Avira running.

smeetle 13:53 13 Aug 2011
Answer

the link rdave13 sent work like dream installed to the latest without a hitch..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?