Sunbelt personal firewall help

ACOLYTE 16:15 10 Mar 2008

I have just downloaded and installed this,i was using sygate firewall for a long time but as this is no longer supported i thought i would try a new firewall and sunbelt seems to get good reviews.

My problem is that when i in stalled it i set it to learning mode as i thought this would be the best option,but it seems rather intrusive in this mode and i get popups for every little thing on my pc even things that don't go on-line,so i was wondering is there a way to switch back to none learning mode?,i have looked in all the options and settings and cannot find a way to do this,at this point i am thinking the only way to do it is to reinstall and set it that way.

But i thought i would ask here before i took that route.

johndrew 16:42 10 Mar 2008

I am presuming you downloaded the Personal Firewall but I don`t recognise the `learning mode` you refer to.

You could look here click here for more information or Right click on the shield in the right hand system tray and select configuration. The other option is `start/All Programs/Sunbelt Software/Personal Firewall/Help`.

There are more answers here click here and if all else fails click here

ACOLYTE 16:53 10 Mar 2008

Thank you i found the answer :

If you are new to internet security tools such as firewalls, I would suggest using the simple mode. This will allow outgoing access to all your software so that it can get updates and prevent outside programs from trying to access your system. This is a safe alternative and is recommended if you do not know much about firewalls or how to configure them.

Advanced users have the option of using Advanced mode which will ask them how they would like to handle every program that needs to gain internet access(incoming or outgoing). These settings can still be modified in Simple Mode if you do not want a lot of popups about the programs.

*Note that you cannot switch between Simple and Advanced mode at this time. You will have to uninstall the product and then reinstall it again to switch your settings if you want to go from one mode to another.

So it looks like i will need to re-install the
firewall to change it.

spuds 16:55 10 Mar 2008

Perhaps slightly off subject, but I used ZoneAlarm for many years and decided on a change when a computer reformat was required. The other day, I had a pop-up that informed me that Sunbelt 'free personal edition' had now reverted to restricted mode on certain parts of the program. Not sure now whether I have done the right thing by changing from ZA to Sunbelt. Perhaps worth thinking about!.

Technotiger 18:48 10 Mar 2008

With Sunbelt Personal Firewall the first 30 days after installation actually give you the Full paid-for Version - when the 30 days has expired the Firewall then becomes the Free Version, which IMHO is still very much better than any other Free Firewall.

I liked it so much that I paid for the full version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?