Sumsung Cd rewritter SW-240B

allclear 02:46 21 Sep 2003

Recently on testing my Sumsung Cd rewritter It took me over 3 hours to burn a 650MB data and my pc slows down increadbly.

Not believing the speed of burning I took my Cd, for testing, to a friend's house, who has a similar spec of the rewriter, and on his machine it took just under 4 minutes!!!!

I have read the manual and checked all the configurations per the maual but in vain.

I was copying from DVD Rom to Cd rewriter. Could the DVD rom be faulty as well? as the DVD rom also causes slowness of the pc. If its a software conflict does anyone know how I can test this out please as I am a bit reluctant, at this stage, to reformat my hard drive.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

-pops- 07:10 21 Sep 2003

Try copying the data to your hard drive first and then writing to CD rather than doing it "on the fly".

allclear 08:41 21 Sep 2003

Pops Thanks but although I havent stated this I did also try copying the data to the harddrive which I had to abandon part way because the "estimated copying time" stated was over 1.5 hrs!!

Confab 09:37 21 Sep 2003

What software are you using?

-pops- 10:17 21 Sep 2003

Were you copying from the DVD drive or from your Samsung?

allclear 11:52 21 Sep 2003

Confab
I have tried using Neno software & Win xp burning facility.

allclear 11:53 21 Sep 2003

Pops

Copying from DVD rom.

-pops- 11:55 21 Sep 2003

Try copying from the Samsung to hard drive then writing from hard drive afterwards.

Forget about using the DVD - this looks to be the bottleneck at the moment.

allclear 12:12 21 Sep 2003

Pops

Just tried it. Message comes up "estimated time 47 minutes"

I am not sure whether its hardware or software problem. Any idea how I test software conflicts?

Thanks

-pops- 13:24 21 Sep 2003

At what speed does Nero tell you it is reading/writing?

woodchip 14:23 21 Sep 2003

You do not say how big the File you are trying to copy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?