Suitable writing and drawing Programme

amyjen7 18:40 19 Aug 2006

Hi My wife has spent most of her working life teaching special needs children under 12's. These past 3 years she has been responsible for writing stories on various topics for the class room which because of the childrens disabilities does involve a number of props of a visual and tactile nature. All these stories are boxed (a 100 or more) and before she retires she would like to put them in a book for so they can be enjoyed by similar children throughout the country. Can you recommend a suitable simple programm which will enable her to write and illustrate the book? She runs WindowsXP Home edition with Microsoft Word 03
Thanks

MIke 22:18 19 Aug 2006

How about Pageplus se it's free from click here

VoG II 22:21 19 Aug 2006

All of this should be possible using Word. But I am unclear what format they are in at present.

Bagsey 11:29 20 Aug 2006

Try Open Office. It will do all you need and is free. It is compatible with MS Office .
click here

Pineman100 14:11 20 Aug 2006

I would go with Mike's choice - Serif Page Plus. You can try an old version for free, and if you want some newer features, upgrade to the latest version.

One thing your wife will have to think about is what kind of file format she will give the printer. The universally used one nowadays is pdf, and the latest versions of Page Plus allow files to be exported in this format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?