Sugestions for a free W7 back up software

john bunyan 12:59 23 Dec 2013

I normally use Acronis True Image to make clones and images of mu system partition. My grand daughter's laptop needs to have (free) image software and I prefer to use a non windows one. I think this has been mentioned before but could not find the thread. Any thoughts?

rdave13 13:16 23 Dec 2013

EaSus Todo

Paragon

Macrium Reflect

I must point out that I use the paid for version of Paragon hard disk manager and none of the above. If it has to be a freebie I'd go for Paragon first then EaSus.

rdave13 14:56 23 Dec 2013

Jock1e ,I've tried to get the safest download sites for the programs, to the best of my ability, and they should be ok but your warning is still valid.

spuds 15:06 23 Dec 2013

You might find something on the majorgeeks.com website under 'backup'?.

Hope this direct link works, if not go to the majorgeek website. click here

john bunyan 15:12 23 Dec 2013

Thank you, all. I will update my ATI for my own PC's and try EasUS Todo on the other one.

BRYNIT 15:58 23 Dec 2013

If you download any of the free programs like EaseUS always read before clicking and always select custom installation this allows you to deselect programs you do not want.

Batch 17:36 23 Dec 2013

I use Macrium Reflect Free for my W7 machines. I was using ATI8 with XP and having tried the free Paragon, Easeus and Macrium offerings I found that Macrium most closely reflected (no pun intended) what I was used to with ATI (especially with the Windows PE based recovery media).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone