Sudden Shutdown

Duncanf 00:51 21 Sep 2005

I was copying photos from 'My Pictures' to a CD when the system stopped and the following message appeared on a blue background:

A problem was detected...BAD_POOL_HEADER
and Windows has been shutdown to protect your computer.
Tech Info:
***Stop: 0X00000019, 0XE3BC8000, 0XE3BC8FF8,
0XFFFFFFFF)

This is the third time this has happened when trying to transfer Data to DVD Rewriter.

Is this a serious fault? Thanks for help.

MAJ 01:43 21 Sep 2005

Assuming that you're using XP SP2, afew hits on Google seem to suggest that the problem might be caused by the MS Indexing Service, try turning that service off. To do that, go to Start > Run and type in "services.msc" (without the quote marks) and click OK. Scroll down the list of services, double-click on the "Indexing Service" entry and choose MANUAL in the "Startup Type" section, then click STOP in the "Service Status" section. Click Apply and OK to exit. Reboot your PC and see if that cures the error messages.

blackstorm2k 01:45 21 Sep 2005

Sometimes these errors are due to faulty hardware, sometimes it means a driver is corrupt or incompatable with the program you're running. Or it could be a windows bug and you can download a fix.

Are you running windows XP? have you installed anything (software, hardware or both) since you started getting these messages?

If not, you could try going onto click here and have a look for any articles that might tell you how to reslove the problem.

Duncanf 08:49 21 Sep 2005

Thanks MAJ and blackstorm 2k.
Just seen replies. I'm on Windows XP SP2 and will check out your suggestions. I've got to go out this morning so will investigate your suggestions on return. Thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?