Sudden Crash

spuds 11:55 22 Jun 2004

Over the last day I have had a sudden crash situation with my computer. Everything seems to work fine, then without warning the system just crashes then reboots, and everything works again until the next without warning crash situation. After reboot, there is no error messages, that usually appear with XP.Looked into Task Manager, with no help.

Any advice gladly received.

hugh-265156 13:03 22 Jun 2004

have a look in control panel/event viewer under the system and application tabs for any errors listed. note the dates and times.

to stop the computer restarting and instead get an error displayed click:

start/control panel/system/advanced/start up and recovery/settings

untick 'automatically restart'

next time it crashes you will see an error displayed, note this down exactly and look it up via the 'search (Kb)' box click here

Sethhaniel 13:14 22 Jun 2004

Try Windows Explorer - My Computer -right click - Select 'Manage' - event viewer - application

hugh-265156 13:34 22 Jun 2004

oops! yeah sorry that should have been

control panel/administrative tools/event viewer

spuds 14:49 22 Jun 2004

Thanks guys. Appears problem via events log reference is error 0x80090006 which states: An error occured while the wizard was checking the current Windows product licence.Going to look into it further.

Sethhaniel 15:20 22 Jun 2004
  spuds 20:28 22 Jun 2004

Sethhaniel..Thanks for the link. Looking at the replies, things do not look very promising. Just another Microsoft hidden agenda!.

spuds 12:47 23 Jun 2004

Strange, but everything seems to have settled down since yesterday.And I haven't made any adjustments etc.Will tick this for now, and thanks again to huggy71 and Sethhaniel for the response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?