Subscription problem for Norton products.

diogenes 18:43 25 Aug 2004

I run NAV Personal Firewall 2002 and NAV 2003. I attempted to renew my subscriptions yesterday and succeeded with Personal firewall. Since then I have been unable to log onto Live update or NAV to renew the subscription for that. I receive an error message LU 1814.

I suspect that the answer is somewhere in Symantec's site but I lack the time and probably the skill to find it.

I did stumble across something that suggested that the configuration for NAV products was in fast (or was it slow?) mode.

Is anyone out there able to help? If I spend much more time at the keyboad Mrs D will go spare!

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

sattman 19:00 25 Aug 2004

Try here

click here

diogenes 12:07 31 Aug 2004

Thanks for the link. I have followed it and taken the actions suggested. The problem still persists. Is there anything else that I can do?

Diogenes.

feb 15:46 31 Aug 2004

Try ringing the customer support line 020 7616 5600 If you call you'll hear a number of options, hold the line and you will be re directed to an operator!

ensonricky 17:09 31 Aug 2004

Why not purchase Norton Internet Security on ebay with improved features. click here

sattman 19:32 31 Aug 2004

If you dont have any success with customer support I would consider remove and reinstall.

It should automatically remember the subscription that you have made.

diogenes 21:25 02 Sep 2004

Thank you for your advice.

I think that I shall probably install Internet Security. Is it necessary to first remove NAV and Personal Firewall?

So far as Sattman's last suggestion is concerned I bought Personal Firrewall as a download. Would that cause any problems with reinstaslling it? I still have the file. Is it time limited in any way? I still have the disc for NAV 2001 or 2.

Diogenes [Duffer].

feb 00:00 03 Sep 2004

Unless it's changed, Internet Security, is NAV and Firewall together. If that's the way you want to go, I would get the Internet Security on Disc, Then uninstall any NAV or Norton Firewall you have installed and then reinstall the new program from the disc.

Did you have any luck with customer support?

diogenes 18:58 03 Sep 2004

Thanks. I've still to try customer support. I'm reviewing all the options at the moment.

ensonricky 00:22 04 Sep 2004

An installation process for NIS will ask you if you wish to remove earlier Norton products and will automate the process if you confirm.

andrew-194461 08:29 04 Sep 2004

I had a similar problem with NAV2004(prof) I followed the advice that symantec offered which I have just checked sattmans links and its the same but it didn't work to begin with. When I cliked on the icon that appeared on the desk top the first couple of times it froze up onme . May be worth trying again as the prog they send you removes the old live update and installs a new one

werd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?