sub-menus hidden beneath menu

six-h 16:29 27 Jul 2006

I'm using word 2002 and now find that the sub, sub-menus under "Insert" seem to be appearing beneath the listed options so that all I can see is a small portion of the box against any of the options.I have tried clicking on the visible part but to no avail.I'm in the library at the moment and will be here till 16:45 if any one can advise a quick fix, I also have a screen shot showing the problem if that would help, but don't know if I can post that here.

six-h 16:49 27 Jul 2006

Don't seem able to show screen shot- - sorry

ade.h 17:00 27 Jul 2006

Use an image dump site such as Photobucket or Imageshack or put it on your own server.

six-h 14:39 28 Jul 2006

Presume ade.h is advising re my screenshot, but it's a bit beyond me!!
are there any Word "smiths" out there??
Failing any response I may have to resort to the repair feature of Add/Remove progs, but inconvenient.Help!

VoG II 14:54 28 Jul 2006

Use Detect and Repair on the Help menu in Word.

six-h 15:01 28 Jul 2006

Thanks VoG™ I Think Thats the only option

six-h 15:08 31 Jul 2006

Tried help-detect & repair, also add/remove,repair, also repair option from installation dvd and re-install from dvd. all to no avail, any other suggestions??

six-h 16:14 01 Aug 2006

Having had little help from other sources, I had hoped that someone in PCA land had experienced this problem, now I'm getting worried. Closer inspection reveals that the sub,sub,menus are not infact hidden, but just greyed out blank boxes. does this ring any bells??

six-h 16:10 04 Aug 2006

Help, help ,helpIve uninstalled word, and re-installed from my Works Suite 2004 DVD and no change Can anybody point me at a source of help??

VoG II 16:13 04 Aug 2006

Try asking at click here

six-h 14:26 05 Aug 2006

Thanks VoG™ Threr are people with the same problem! hope they can offer a cure!!
how are you on bugs behind the screen. (Driving me mad)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?