Style sheet not effective in Firefox

Dalglish2 20:29 04 Sep 2006

I have built a website using stylesheet which does its thing on IE 6 but not Firefox.
Here is my site click here use username danny and password sam.
Ive cleaned up the cache on Firefox in case it was a problem but alas no.
Any comments welcomed.
Many thanks

Steve

Eric10 22:53 04 Sep 2006

Some of the pages reached through your links do not display correctly but they have links in their head sections to a stylesheet on your C: drive. e.g.

"<link rel="stylesheet" href="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Steve/Desktop/andreas08/andreas08/andreas08.css" type="text/css" media="screen,projection" />
<link href="file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Steve/My%20Documents/easyGen%20Projects/latest/andreas08.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />"

On your Members page you have the incorrect link to the stylesheet and also an @import for the same stylesheet which has the correct relative path. You need to link to the stylesheet in your webspace not your C: drive and you need to check for duplicated entries.

ade.h 23:27 04 Sep 2006

Avoid using full length target paths in case you forget to change them prior to uploading, as you seem to have done. Use relative paths such as ./assets/image.jpg or ../style.css.

image.jpg makes the browser check the same folder.
./assets/image.jpg makes the browser check a sub-folder.
../assets/image.jpg makes the browser go up one level before checking for the folder.

Dalglish2 20:16 05 Sep 2006

thanks to you all plenty to be getting on with ..
what I am still unsure about is the following ...
when I create a new web page, I add the template which has the style sheet already imported to it.
However, when uploaded to the webspace, the page is unformatted.
This is only resolved by importing the style sheet to the templated-web page which to me sounds like duplication of stylesheets!
Am i doing something wrong and is this bad practice? Its' the only way I can get the page formatted.
Im using DW MX.
Cheers

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache