Stuttering sound online

Tim1964 17:02 11 Oct 2003

When I watch/listen to streaming videos or flash animation, the sound is fine but when listening to most clips (probably wav files) on for e.g. a quiz site with sound, the sound is 'choppy' or 'stuttering'

Is there a sound setting that needs adjusting.

Using win98, IE6, NTL 600K BB.

Thanks,

hugh-265156 17:23 11 Oct 2003

some websites and clips just have poor sound i think.if you can stream video and audio,play cds and dvds ok and have good quality sound then i think that is what it is maybe.

if streaming is choppy set your media player to buffer around 20-30 secs before playing.

test your sound by clicking start/run and type dxdiag click the sound and music tabs and run the tests.

update you sound and video drivers and direct x mabye might help also.

Tim1964 20:51 11 Oct 2003

The sounds I refer to are the very basic type that doesn't open a media player. If I play mp3's or .ogg files then winamp opens up and plays those. If it's a video then windows media player does the job for me.

Clips like wav files or simplier flash site sounds are the ones.

I know it's not life or death but it's just annoying and I thought that it would not be a problem with BB.

hugh-265156 20:58 11 Oct 2003

yeah thats what i ment,some flash and silly game sites i go to every now and then are just poor quality.having the fastest connection or best soundcard in the world wont improve if if its poor to start with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?