Stupid question about LG widescreen TFT monitors

polymath 13:52 11 May 2008

The monitor (20") came with my new desktop. It's not yet set up, but while moving the monitor I somehow tilted it. It's now leaning slightly forward instead of back, and I can't figure out how to correct it!
Is there some release thingy I haven't found, or do I just move it more firmly? It made a little sound when tilting forward, rather like a ratchet, and I'd rather not take a chance on forcing it.

Meshuga 15:39 11 May 2008

What does it say in the instruction book???

johnnyrocker 15:57 11 May 2008

the base should have a sort of push button facility located in the stem in order to enable movement?

johnny,

Fingees 16:53 11 May 2008

On my monitor, I just had someone hold the base, and it tilted where I wanted it, by holding top and bottom and tilting.

polymath 19:23 11 May 2008

The model number on the back is L204WTS (manufactured June 2007). It came with a Packard Bell computer from PC World.

The setup leaflet just says to tilt the monitor to suit, between 5 degrees forward & 20 backward, with a diagram of the positions. For some reason I've only just remembered the driver disk includes a user guide (good point, Meshuga!). A diagram in there about tilting the monitor has a hand on the top of the screen, and nothing about a button etc. There is a hand at the bottom of it, probably keeping it steady but basically re what not to do (ie get fingers trapped).
There's no button/lever or anything else movable anywhere near the hinge, or on any surface of the pillar or base. Lifting/pressing down on the screen doesn't free it.

So I guess it must be just brute force. I tried again (quite hard this time), but the hinge only moved a smidgin before firmly stopping, and relaxing back to the same position; I think it was just the plastic flexing a bit. It's the same when I kneel on the base and hold both top and bottom.

WD-40?

polymath 18:28 09 Jun 2008

It was just brute force (didn't even have to reach for the WD-40). Tried the LG website & couldn't find any consumer help, so took the risk of yanking it firmly. It was with the screen held face down on a firm surface (& moving the base) that it finally moved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?