stuck in reboot cycle

sunnystaines 11:37 12 Jan 2014

w8.1 samsung laptop

on booting windows needs to restart,we are just collecting error info. its a blue screen with a sad face sybol.

put a norton safe boot tools cd in cd drive changed bios to boot from cd says press any key to boot from cd but this does not work, no way to eject cd either no button or pin hole. plugged in usb cd with w8boot cd the one you make on first stating windows get same error. need some urgent advice on this one please.

sunnystaines 11:46 12 Jan 2014

tried a usb dongle i made at same time as w8 cd that goes to a blank screen rather than the error page.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:58 12 Jan 2014

Advanced mode here for a start up repair

sunnystaines 11:58 12 Jan 2014

not got that far error page - restart - error page - restart on and on.

not sure what keys if any to boot from safemode or backup partition tried f10 thats sinilat to the bios which is f2

sunnystaines 12:13 12 Jan 2014

fruitbat the shift key goes on restsrt from samsung logo to blank screen.

f10 button has a bootmanager option but that goes into same error page restart cyclce.

not sure if i need a new hdd. but then windows was preinstalled so it would be new w8 cd too.

rdave13 12:16 12 Jan 2014

Its worked for some so worth trying. Press and hold the shift key and tap the F8 key as its booting. You need to be quick and will have to try a few times. If it works you should be in the Advanced Startup options screen, select troubleshoot, advanced options, and I'd go for system restore.

sunnystaines 12:20 12 Jan 2014

when i choose to boot from windows cd i get press any key. but pressing any key does no do anything.

bios works ok

sunnystaines 12:50 12 Jan 2014

rdave will try that now.

sunnystaines 13:04 12 Jan 2014

rdave no change stuck in restarts.

cannot understand why when using any boot up cd it says press any key to continue with cd but pressing keys does nothing.

also how to eject a cd if you cannot boot up, no manual eject button, no pin hole, and cannot shutdown except via power key.

will phone samsung support for advice tomorrow but please keeps advice flowing in.

rdave13 13:38 12 Jan 2014

Shot in the dark, possibly the laptop's keyboard isn't enabled, so I'd try with an external usb keyboard to press any key. Worth a try.

sunnystaines 19:32 12 Jan 2014

keys work when in bios screen ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?