stuck internet wizard

AmoseB 15:59 06 Feb 2009

I have had an old samsung computer given every works ok,until i try to connect to the internet then it tells me it aready connected to broad band continuous,and i have a dial broadband though a modem.the wizard goes though ok until you are asked what type of connection you want and it is stuck on continuous,anyone outhere no how ican resovle this problem,AmoseB

brundle 16:16 06 Feb 2009

Go to control panel/network connections, click "Create a new connection" from the list on the left hand side.

AmoseB 16:32 06 Feb 2009

brundle,thanks but already tried this, and that is where it leaves me with no choise but broadband continuous connection.

brundle 19:04 06 Feb 2009

Do you mean dial-up 33.6/56kbps internet access, or ADSL modem , which uses the `dialing` paradigm, but is actually to do with authentication?

woodchip 19:15 06 Feb 2009

If you are connected to your BB then you do not need to go through the IE Wizard. Thats only for a Dial-Up connection for you to put ISP Phone Number and Password in

woodchip 19:17 06 Feb 2009

PS you need to Disable the Dial-Up connection, go to Control Panel double click on Internet Options Icon

Click on never Dial a connection in Connections Tab

AmoseB 15:05 09 Feb 2009

brundle and woodchip.i want rid of stuck continuous broadband so i can connect to my dial up broadband which works perfectly O.K.AmoseB.

brundle 17:33 09 Feb 2009

So, ADSL broadband which as I said, uses the dial-up process for authentication (though you are in fact connected all the time). Who is your ISP, what make and model is your modem, how is it connected to the PC, have you installed the necessary drivers?

woodchip 21:20 09 Feb 2009

Never come across a ADSL that Dials a Connection like Dial-Up to connect. with all the screeches when connecting

brundle 21:25 09 Feb 2009

That's not what I'm saying woodchip. The paradigm is dial-up, for authentication.

woodchip 21:40 09 Feb 2009

Yes I know what you mean. The router does dial when its first switched on but after that its connected all the time unless you pull the plug or something goes wrong

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?