Stubborn Psion

krislas 21:09 01 Aug 2003

I just uninstalled my Psion Revo from my PC which run Windows ME. The "My Psion" icon has remained on the desktop and will not allow me to delete it. I have had a little look in the registry (which I find rather scary as I am a tweaking novice), and found under Hkey_local_machine\software a Psion folder which I deleted. The litle devil of an icon is still there. HELP!!! Any ideas how to get rid of it? Thanks in grateful anticipation.

Philip2 15:04 02 Aug 2003

Can't you delete it by right clicking the icon then delete???

krislas 12:02 04 Aug 2003

Sadly not, I tried that, and also dragging it into the recycle bin, which it wont let me do either. It is very frustrating.

Steven135 12:16 04 Aug 2003

Have you tried deleting it from safe mode?

Steven135 12:19 04 Aug 2003

Sorry clicked send by mistake, right click choose properties make sure read only is unticked.

Try renaming it, clearing target box,

krislas 14:01 05 Aug 2003

Tried right clicking properties. Comes up none available-can't remember exact wording but will check when I get home-. I think this is due to the fact I deleted the Psion folder from the registry. What did you mean about safe mode?

Steven135 14:13 05 Aug 2003

As your computer starts press (usually) F8 you will be presemted with various options one of which will be safe mode.

Safe mode starts the computer with a minimal set of drivers it always worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017