struggling to network pc and laptop

reddwarfcrew 14:30 29 Oct 2006

Hi,

I have the Netgear DG834GT router (sky firmware) with my laptop connected wirelessly using Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection Card and my Desktop connected wirelessly using the Netgear WG111T USB adapter.

Both PCs work perfectly connecting to the net, but I just cant get them to talk to each other. I have ran the network setup wizard and also the wireless setup wizard, but to no avail.

I previously had the network working fine with my old linksys router and PCI wireless card, but just cant get Sky's netgear equipment to network.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

mgmcc 15:17 29 Oct 2006

As the Linksys and Netgear routers almost certainly operate in different subnets (192.168.1.0 and 192.168.0.0 respectively), have you reconfigured your firewall software to allow for the changed IP addresses?

reddwarfcrew 15:20 29 Oct 2006

I haven't changed anything in my NIS2006, but I have already tried disabling the firewall and that didn't help.

reddwarfcrew 15:33 29 Oct 2006

added the new IP address into NIS2006 and it didn't work. Rebooted and it did, guess that's why it didn't work when I diasbled NIS as it needed a reboot.

Many thanks mgmcc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires