stressed and confused

student86 13:08 26 Jun 2005

I trying to create my first website and have procured a book on microsoft frontpage.BUT it does not say anything on how i can set up password protection for the site.So can u please help , i want to know if i can create a user area on my website such as the one on this site.Someone registers ,password is sent in e-mail,they forget their password - and then it is sent to their e-mail.Basically how to set up protection like the on present here.Someone pliz direct me to a free tutoril or some software(preferably freeware) that can solve this for me.

Thanks

harristweed 14:10 26 Jun 2005

try this

click here

student86 14:47 26 Jun 2005

Thank's for directing me there it seems useful but i don't know any programming languages and all the stuff i,ve been reading has been flying over my head.Can,t i do something with microsft access instead of php/mysql - i,m looking for an option that will provide the easiest solution.

phil 15:00 26 Jun 2005

Learn to walk before you run?

In other words make your website first, find out how it works, tweak it until you're happy with it THEN try and password it.

student86 15:28 26 Jun 2005

OK I'll STOP worrying about that until i've finished the site.

Thanks

Forum Editor 16:33 26 Jun 2005

There are several ways to password a website, or areas of one, and not all of them require you to have any knowledge of programming or code.

Concentrate on getting the site online, and then decide what (if any) areas need password protection. Private areas usually imply some kind of special resource, or access to file downloads, or to a forum. If it's a forum you're after, then you'll find many available free of charge on the internet - most of them with password entry built in. You will usually need to run such sites in server space that has at least one MySQL database however.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?