Streaming Radio & Flash Player

Bob The Nob© 18:13 09 Jan 2007

I maintain a internet radio station's website and I have been asked to create (if its possible) a Player in Flash, so that the streaming feed can be used via flash.

Its just that 30% of the listeners either use firefox or can't get any streaming media through their network, due to restrictions.

A flash play would solve this problem.

The feed is very long!
Copy the link location or whatever.

click here

Thanks for any help
bob

LeadingMNMs 21:45 09 Jan 2007

Well I'll openly admit I know nothing about Flash, but I'm sure there are tutorials to be found somewhere.

I have to question whether its necessary though, as a Firefox user, I have no end of trouble with Flash no working correctly. Depending on the site I either find another or switch to IE if I really think the sites worth it, which is unlikely. While the link you provided streams correctly.

I'm also not sure if a flash player would stop the problems with streaming, but once again I am by no means an expert in multimedia communications.

Bob The Nob© 23:06 16 Jan 2007

I have done it but I'm not that good at flash and the only way I could get it to work is by making it a seperate .exe

If there is any flash wizards out there, just email me or something and I'll send you the .fla

P.S. heres the stream again click here and it needs to be flash 7. :)

Thanks
bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?