Streaming from BBC

pj123 16:34 21 May 2005

I used to be able to stream audio/video from the BBC using JetAudio (not RealPlayer). Just tried to check on the ManU v Arsenal match and nothing. No Audio, no video. Only a minute by minute text commentary. Although my JetAudio is set up to read Real files .ram .ra etc I don't appear to see/hear them anymore.

Diodorus Siculus 16:41 21 May 2005

Working fine for me using RealAlternative.

Diodorus Siculus 16:42 21 May 2005

Do you use a proxy server? If so, it may be based outside of UK so you may be blocked.

pj123 16:48 21 May 2005

Diodorus Siculus, is Real Alternative different from RealPlayer?

Proxy server? not as far as I know. I am on NTL cable BB at 2mb. I don't like anything Real because of it's intrusiveness, which is why I went for jetaudio.

pj123 16:49 21 May 2005

Can you give me a link to download RealAlternative?

Diodorus Siculus 17:00 21 May 2005

Final Builds Site
click here

Final Builds Site
"Release Notes:
Real Alternative will allow you to play RealMedia files without having to install RealPlayer or RealOne Player from Real Networks. Supported are: RealAudio (.ra .rpm), RealMedia (.rm .ram .rmvb .rpx .smi .smil), RealText (.rt) and ReadPix (.rp). It also supports RealMedia content that is embedded in webpages. The very user-friendly installation is fully customizable, which means that you can install only those components that you want.
It is highly recommended to uninstall all existing Real related software, like RealPlayer or RealOne Player, before installing. This way your system stays clean and potential problems will be avoided."
click here

Diodorus Siculus 17:01 21 May 2005

Realalternative is indeed an alternative to having to install anything from Real.com - there is also an alternative to QuickTime and it is pretty good too.

pj123 17:11 21 May 2005

Diodorus Siculus, thank you mate. Got it. Now listening to the ManU v Arsenal commentary. No video though.

Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?