Strangle Google Behaviour

JayDay 09:10 26 Apr 2007

In the last two days I have noticed Google is taking ages (3 mins plus) to open a web page from its search results. If I copy and paste the web address into the address bar it loads straight away.

I've checked my broadband speed and it shows 6.3mb download speed. It does it in IE and Firefox. Tried click here and get no problems. Would seem to be a Google issue.

Just tried click here and it loads staright away. Only seems to happen with google.co.uk and google.com
Anyone else experiencing this problem? If not any suggestions as to what is causing it?

if google is set as your homepage?

it may of been hijacked, try running these scans
click here
click here

JayDay 09:50 26 Apr 2007

Google isn't my homepage.

I've run a spyware check and nothing except a couple of tracking cookies.

I get the same problem on my laptop.

derbyfc 10:28 26 Apr 2007

dont know why its doing it im afraid,but just to let you know nothing wrong with google its specific to your machines,i would try the scans already mentioned

also have a look here

click here

JayDay 10:31 26 Apr 2007

It's strange that it only seems to affect the .co.uk and .com address. I get no problems with any of the other countries such as Ireland, Canada Isle of Man.

Could it be a local problem to do with the internet?

I am pretty certain it's not spyware. I have tried scans with three different products, and I don't surf the dodgy sites you would normally pick up such things.

derbyfc 10:36 26 Apr 2007

check it out with isp but i wouldnt of thought it would be a specific page as you can access others ok
but hey we are talking computers!

JayDay 11:20 26 Apr 2007

Solved!

Seems to be connected with the personalized Google page. I have signed out and used the classic view and everything works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?