A strange thing......

robin2dogs 13:17 08 Jan 2003
  robin2dogs 13:17 08 Jan 2003

I have an advent3104 with athlon 1GHz cpu,128MB sdram and 2 HDDs.One drive is partitioned c,e,f with windows ME on c,the other drive is partitioned d,g,h with XPpro on d.
Some weeks ago I was working on the problem of XP refusing to shut down-sorted it in advanced power management-when a pane poped up saying that my "c" drive was full and inviting me to make some space,since the machine would'nt do anything else I clicked yes and everything was fine.My query is-why did one drive partition fill up when I was using a different OS on a different hard drive??
P.S.is it possible to move the complete MY DOCUMENTS folder to another partition-say "f" ?
Many thanks.

Lú-tzé 14:09 08 Jan 2003

1 - maybe the virtual memory is on that disk and it is filling up. Set it at a fixed size.

2 - from the properties of My Docs, just give a new location and it will copy everything there.

DeePCuBe 14:21 08 Jan 2003

lots of applications (games/office) install automatically on the C:
Did you change the drive letters over when installing new software? otherwise the virtual memory sounds a likely problem

robin2dogs 14:34 08 Jan 2003

Lu-tze
Thanks for the info on moving My Docs but the folder still appears in C: albeit empty (in explorer)
R

robin2dogs 14:41 08 Jan 2003

Seems likely it's virtual memory,think I'll have to expand that partition,unless you have any other suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone