strange sygate activity all of a sudden

johnnyrocker 23:17 24 May 2004

win xp pro, suddenly sygate is asking me about my pc wanting to send a cmtp 11 type page ( time exceeded datagram ) to an ip address, the funny thing is that any programs i have in use at any time ask me this, what raised my suspicions was that my cam program (olympus) came up with the same message from sygate, i have run updated adaware (latest) spy-bot (latest)spysweeper (latest) avg (latest) am i paranoid or do i have a problem? pleese an good evenin to all

johnny.

VoG II 23:20 24 May 2004

Exact message please.

What O/S !!!

VoG II 23:20 24 May 2004

XP pro, blindness setting in, sorry.

johnnyrocker 00:04 25 May 2004

not a prob guv but any ideas appreciated as at the moment am declining access as i did previously with isass export shell etc which eventually went away, my worry with this one is that when i am using different progs this message pops up with that prog wants to do the same which is why i am suspicious, will bump tomorrow for day shift and later in the day night shift (like wot i workin tomorra til 11)

johnny.

johnnyrocker 09:33 25 May 2004

any takers?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 11:17 25 May 2004

still no takers?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 18:54 25 May 2004

how about the evening shift?

johnny.

VoG II 19:08 25 May 2004

My Googling reveals nothing useful. Bumps you anyway.

expertec 19:17 25 May 2004

Well nobody seems to know about it.

I'd say if it's not something you recognised or wanted to access the net, block it.

Tick the "remember my answer" box next time it comes up, and decline access, it'll never bother you again.

Graham ® 19:33 25 May 2004

My Intellipoint mouse is trying to contact Microsoft! I'll allow it next time and see what happens.

johnnyrocker 22:01 25 May 2004

thanks for answers so far, i couldn't find anything either but the strange thing is that each application i go to ie epson, oe etc in fact any application on the pc will when in use ask me at least 3 or 4 times and they all point to a different ip address each time.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?