Strange problem when typing

Legolas 17:44 20 May 2006

I have noticed in the last couple of days that when I am typing something the insert point seems to move so that some of my typing inserts itself in the middle of my previously typed text. This happens irrespective of where I am typing the text ie search engine, this text box or a word document. Any suggestions?

what version of Office are you using?open up word select help and then detect and repair and see if that helps

Legolas 12:10 22 May 2006

[email protected] I am using a free office application but the problem happens in all places where typing is required.

The 12th Man 17:10 22 May 2006

If you are you may find that you are accidentally brushing the touch pad with the heel of your hand.

exdragon 17:16 22 May 2006

Does it overtype what you've written previously? You could maybe have accidentally hit the Insert key

Legolas 17:57 22 May 2006

The 12th Man you might have hit the nail on the head. If I type carefully and avoid the touchpad it seems ok. It looks like it was down to my carelessness.

The 12th Man 18:05 22 May 2006

Some laptops have a function to disable the touchpad. It's normally the Fn and one of the F keys. If you do a lot of typing, it might pay to disable it and then enable it again when you are finished.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?